Friday, January 16, 2015

16/365-3 Snowflakes


"Snow Geese""

According to my Garmin Vivosmart wristband, I had one hour and fifty-four minutes of sleep last last.  I mentioned in yesterday's post that I spent most of the day working on material for my new joint blog project (www.pixelsplatesandlols.blogspot.com)  That meant that at midnight last night I was just beginning to pack for our weekend trip to Delaware.

We had a 5am flight, which meant getting up at 2:30am to leave for the airport by 3:15.  We had an uneventful flight out of Dallas.  When coming to Delaware, we connect through Charlotte on our way to Salisbury, MD, the closest airport to Lewes.  The fog in Charlotte was terrible!  We were able to land although the pilot announced that we would be making a "Category III landing."  I just looked up what that means.  I'm glad I didn't know this morning what I know now...a Category III landing means that the landing is completely automated.  The flight crew "simply supervises the landing."  We landed just fine, but our connecting flight was delayed by an hour and a half.  The delay was not a big deal except we missed seeing the people in Delaware that were really the reason that we made this trip.  Still, not a big deal.

The sky was clear and the sun was shining by the time that we landed in Salisbury.  It was cold and there were patches of snow still on the ground from a snow storm earlier in the week.  

Just as we got to Lewes, Weber noticed a field that was completely covered with snow geese.  It was an amazing sight...and sound.  My pictures don't do the scene justice.  Weber graciously pulled over so that I could take some photos, but I didn't have the right lens on my camera and my settings were still set for photographing muffins from yesterday.  Needless to say,  it was an impressive sight.  There must have been thousands of geese.



We have some things to get taken care of while we are in town this weekend, but there is also some down time to visit with my cousin and aunt.  This is my last hoorah before starting back to school on Tuesday.  I plan to make the best of it!

No comments: