Friday, April 25, 2014

115/365-2 At Last




"40 Years In The Garden"

This photo is of a statue in my dad's garden, which was my grandparents' garden. I have been looking at it for over 40 years. I was really too tired to carefully think through the photograph, but I learned several things from this photo. 1. Check your camera settings. Somehow my camera was set on VIVID, thus the bizarre coloration. 2. Though we don't always know why, every shot we take is done so for a reason, often through the subconscious. As I looked at this on my iPad, I realized that the stance of this figure is where I want to be this weekend. 3. Though I was happy with this shot on a personal level, I wasn't sure photographically. I started playing around with iPad apps. I put a frame on this just for fun. Suddenly the photo become something completely different. This made me realize that I really need to have prints made, find mats and frames, and hang some of my photos.