Thursday, July 4, 2013

185/365 Fireworks


"Faulty Fireworks"


No, there was nothing wrong with the fireworks that we saw.  They were pretty good.  Our city had its fireworks display last night.  It was a fun comity celebration with music and fun.  And best of all, it was free!

I was excited to try and get some decent fireworks shot.  I have not been very successful with this in the past.  Now I know why.

This morning, after I had taken a bunch of less than impressive pictures last night, I got an email with several helpful hints for shooting fireworks.  I discovered that my photos are bad because all of my settings were off, some of them REALLY off.  I'm not sure how I miscalculated this process so badly, but I did.  And now I know what to do next year.

I spent all of today preparing a Keynote presentation for a conference that I speaking at this weekend so I had no time for a second attempt on the fireworks photos.  These will just have to do for this year.

Next year I'll know better.

Happy Fourth of July to all of you!

No comments: