Saturday, January 12, 2013

12/365 Self Portrait


"Us"

So, I cheated today.  This is a self portrait.  And, I did take the picture - just not today.  I originally posted it here back in November.

For several reasons, today's prompt that called for a self portrait was more than I could grasp today:
  1. I HATE to have my picture taken - by me or by anyone else.
  2. Pictures of me always look terrible.  Or, maybe the pictures just prove a reality I don't want to face.
  3. I HATE being in front of the camera.
  4. I didn't have a whole lot of time today to do a good job with a tough, at least for me, prompt.
  5. I was not meant to be in front of the camera.
  6. The one quasi good idea I had for a picture did not work the way I wanted it to.
  7. It is difficult to properly expose a photo of someone with albinism.
  8. My creative juices were not flowing today.
  9. Having my picture taken is no fun.
  10. And did I mention, I HATE to have my picture taken?
All that being said, I did play around this afternoon trying to get a decent and creative self portrait.  I was tired.  I was not fully committed to the endeavor.  Therefore, it did not work.  So that I did not miss a day, and because I don't have any other pictures taken today that I am willing to post, I cheated - not on the prompt, but on when the photo was actually taken.  In my mind, I rationalize this by telling myself that this is the lesser crime.

I do know that during each month of 2013 there will be some kind of self portrait prompt.  My goal and my promise is that I will take a more positive approach to this task in the coming months.  I'm not sure what is going to get me to that, but I'll work on it.  I have eleven more months to deal with my issues.

No comments: