Sunday, November 9, 2014

311/365-2 The Little Things


"Little Big Things"

In the few days after my dad passed away, countless people asked me what they could do for me.  Admittedly, I am not very good at asking for help, but during that time, I didn't really even know what to ask for...except from one person.

My dad always loved gardening.  He always had a vegetable garden and he always had houseplants.  When he retired from the Navy and moved back to Delaware, he went to work for a high school friend who owned a greenhouse business.  When that person inquired as to what I needed, my immediate response was to ask if he could ship some of dad's plants to me.  He graciously agreed to do that.  They arrived on this day.

These are just run of the mill house plants...cactus, aloe, some jade plants...but several of them dad propagated.  In my simple little mind, in them a small piece of him still lives on in these plants.

No comments: