Sunday, June 22, 2014

172/365-2 Solstice


"A Long Day"

Today was a indeed a long day, one that did not go exactly as planned, which really is how most of life goes.  What's that quote: "lLife is what happens while we are busy making plans."  

We began  our morning in the ER with dad because he was running a fever.  After lots of blood work and a chest X-ray, it was determined that that he has an infection at an IV site.  That, on top of chemo on Thursday,  knocked him down pretty low.  

We had intended to meet a "virtual" friend, another photographer in the Capture Your 365 community, and spend the day on the Lewes Garden Tour.  That didn't happen for us, but that's OK.  When we got dad home, we did manage to slip away while he napped  and meet my friend and her husband for lunch and a beer.  We had wonderful conversation and food.  It is amazing how well you get to know someone by just looking at their daily photos.

We stayed home the rest of the day.  We kept encouraging the consumption of liquid.  To someone who is used to giving the orders, dad is not much on taking them, especially from his kid.  I'll keep trying.  At least now he can't send me to my room or put me on restriction for arguing with him.

I did not have much opportunity for taking photos yesterday so it was just a quick snap for me.  I have come to realize that my daily photos truly are a form of visual journaling.  They tend to reflect not the concrete of my days, but the emotion of that day.  I hope that in the long wrong this is a good thing.