Wednesday, April 23, 2014

113/365 Peaceful


"Peaceful Heart"

I had a pretty crappy day at school today.  Well, actually, it was really just a pretty crappy thirty minutes, but those thirty minutes clouded my perception of the whole day.  Funny how that happens.  It was redeemed, however, by my very last private student of the day who brought me these gorgeous orange flowers.  She knows that orange is my favorite color.  And I had the perfect vase for them.

I had to laugh at the "peaceful" prompt for the day.  Peaceful was not at all where my head or heart were when I got home from school this afternoon. The challenge of finding and taking a photo that was peaceful brought me be back to center, to a place where I was at least within reach of the possibility of finding a peaceful heart.  I tried to let go of the unpleasant part of my day and focus on all that was good.  Upon reflection, I realized that the positive moments throughout the day really did far outweigh the bad.

And, I have a question.

What does it mean at the end of a day like today when you go out for Chinese food and you get a fortune cookie with no fortune in it?

And one more question.

Should I be worried that Weber was in the pantry feeding the dogs and asked me if I needed my lunch packed for tomorrow?

I think I need to go to bed and wake up to a brand new day.


No comments: