Tuesday, December 31, 2013

365/365 The End


"Infinity"

With the posting of this photo I have completed my first project 365 without missing a single day throughout the year. It was challenging; it was fun; it was frustrating; it was validating; it was daunting; it was amazing! I have learned so much this year, a lot of it about photography, but also much about myself, others and the world. I have learned what it is like to see the world, both the interior and the exterior, with new eyes and an open heart and mind. I have learned what it is like to share sorrow and joy amidst a community of people whom I only know through their daily photographs. And, I have learned that this entire experience has become such an integral part of who I am and who I strive to be that I can't imagine not continuing on and on and on....with a picture a day.

There have been days where I have had to wrestle the photo and then there are days when the photo wrestles me. Today was the latter of those days. For several months I have thought about what my final image of the year would be. I had several possibilities working. As I picked up my camera today for the last shot of 2013, suddenly none of them would do. The image of the mobius strip came to me; I had to do something with it. This may not be the most creative photo, but it does speak to me of this day that is both the end and the beginning.

May 2014 be a year of blessings, peace and adventure to each of you and those you love.

No comments: