Friday, March 15, 2013

73/365 Branch


"My Neck of the Woods"

Today's prompt of "branch" was probably meant to inspire some beautiful shots of budding spring trees.  We have a few of those around, but, as you can see, I took a different approach.  Being that I live in the city of Farmers Branch, I decided on one of those photos that falls into the "making it personal" realm.  This is our street sign with our city's logo.  And just for good measure, there are a few branches in the background.

Yesterday at 3:45 officially marked the beginning of my spring break.  The first order of business was a trip to the dentist to have a crown put on.  Once that was done, the break began in earnest.  In a fit of spontaneity, we took the train down to the Dallas Convention Center to the Dallas Auto Show.  We are tossing around the idea of a new car; the pros and cons lists are about equal.  To help us decide one way or the other, we went to the auto show where e could look at everything we are interested under one roof and without the pressure of a salesman.  Not only was it an informative excursion, it was also fun.  It may be the only time I sit in a Mercedes - unless of course I find some friends who are richer than I am, i.e. not teachers!

We got home around 10pm and had not had dinner.  At that point, food was at the top of my priority list and I forgot to post this picture.  

No comments: