Sunday, February 24, 2013

55/365 For The Love Of Music


"This Is Why We Sing"

Music has been a huge part of my life since I started taking piano lessons at age four.  (If you are calculating, that is 47 years.)  I am very fortunate to have a job teaching music theory.  Though there were so many ways that I could have approached this prompt, I knew immediately that my photo of the day would somehow include Resounding Harmony.  Singing with RH is, to me, what music is all about.  It is about sharing the power of music with my fellow singers in the chorus and as a chorus, sharing this passion with the community.  

As the lyrics to the song in this photo say, "Music builds a bridge, it tears down a wall.  Music is a language that speaks to one and all.  This is why we sing, why we lift our voice, why we stand as one in harmony . . ."

No comments: