Monday, January 14, 2013

14/365 Low Light



"A Kiss in the Dark"

Photographing in low light was the day's task.  Knowing that I wasn't going anywhere this evening, I figured that I would take some kind of set-up shot.  I had put Hershey's kisses in Erin's lunch this afternoon so the kisses came to mind as I was deciding what to try.  I like the above picture compositionally.  The lighting almost makes it look like the kiss is floating in chocolate.  I handheld the camera because I was too lazy to get the tripod out so it is not as crisp as I would like.

As I was playing with the above shot, a man from the gas company pulled up out front in his truck.  We have smelled gas out at the street on and off for quite a while.  In light of the explosions that have taken place in our area due to gas leaks, we decided that we should call it in.  I walked outside to see what was going on.  There was this man standing in the dark and the cold trying to figure out where the leak was.  The only light he had was from the headlights of his truck and a tiny flashlight.  This photo best represents the real life version of the day's prompt of working in low light.


"Working in Low Light"

No comments: